Sunday, August 17, 2014

Dear Friends,

I am writing you to let you know my situation. I have about a thousand bucks left for living expenses and a gift from a donor is slow coming. I am scheduled to do a music camp on the rez in October, and I probably need 2 things. 1) expenses for the camp and 2) living expenses. 

Just so you will know, here's what I have done in June and July:

Attended 6 major Lakota cultural events (Sundances, etc) in which my presence was honored by elders

Co-directed 1 Rodeo Camp were 100 Lakota family members and at risk youth attended

Helped direct 1 immersion class on Rosebud Reservation

preached and raised funds in 10 church services

performed 19 concerts which included 7 centers for elderly and disabled (at no cost yet)

As you can see, I've been busy. No pressure, but we "have not cause ask not" and I don't want to be absorbed by a FT job if the Lord wants me me to maintain a major presence among the Lakota. Couldn't have done it without you.

Blessings,
Corky

No comments:

Post a Comment